Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Separate country

There was an article in NDTV on jallikattu and one guy (presumably Tamil) had commented that

"If you can't understand, better allow us to be a separate country".

I was surprised how he can ask for a separate country as if he represents the entire country. I think it all started with the Sri Lankan Tamils issue. I read similar comments when that issue was at it's peak. (I would prefer to arrest that guy for posting such a comment. But it might also end up blowing it to huge proportions unnecessarily.)

Anyway, that comment kindled my imagination and I wonder where this could end up...

Central govt does not understand the plight of Lankan Tamils... -> separate TN  from India.

Chennai-ites don't understand the importance of jallikattu... -> separate Rest of TN from Chennai

Madurai is not respecting the sentiments of Dindugal and other towns like that... -> separate country

Aththippatti not respected by Cuddalore... -> separate country

At this rate, at one point, we will end up like...

There is a cricket match played between 2 countries today. The match for today is: Ganapathy colony country vs Thandu Mariamman Koil Street country.

No comments: